Friday, July 13, 2012

Tea and Toast

June Miller Eckstein Buchanan (1877-1963)

My Great Grandmother

me --> Bruce Albert Buchanan --> Robert Amos Buchanan --> June Miller Eckstein Buchanan


My Nona (my dad's mother) told me this story about her mother-in-law who everyone called "Ma Buchanan."

Ma Buchanan loved to have tea and toast as a snack.  She would make herself some tea



and then toast some bread with cheese on top in the oven.




But here's the thing.  If she finished her toast before she finished her tea, she'd make more toast.



Then she'd finish her tea before finishing her second toast so she'd make another cup of tea.




Which of course meant her toast was almost gone.  So of course she'd have to make herself more toast. 





And so on and so on, until finally she could finish her tea and toast at the same time.



Three generations later, I'm the exact same way.  Except I do it with these.






No comments:

Post a Comment